AUGUST 8 – 22, 2017
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
WATCH & VOTE LIVE NOW!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The ShortList Film Festival, now in its sixth year, elevates the best in short filmmaking as the format has exploded across every device in the age of streaming. The contest selects twelve of the best award-winning short films that have premiered at a major festival in the past year, making this the most highly competitive film festival of its kind.
ShortList finalists and winners have frequently gone on to greater recognition within the entertainment industry. The 2016 Jury Winner,“Maman(s),” won the Cesar award for best short film. The 2015 ShortList Audience and Jury winner, “Bear Story,” won the 2015 Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film. The Award-Winning Shorts Competition is for films up to 20 minutes in length that have received an award. The festival will run from August 8th-22nd, 2017.
2017 SUBMISSION DATES
THE SHORTLIST proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submissions platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, Vimeo and YouTube integration, and more. Click to submit with FilmFreeway.
• Films must be completed on or after January 1, 2016.
• Films must be in English or with English subtitles.
• Films may have a maximum running time of 20 minutes.
• Film must have won an award at a major film festival in the past year.
• Final eligibility will be determined by festival programming team.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE RULES AND ENSURE YOUR FILM IS ELIGIBLE BEFORE SUBMITTING TO EACH CATEGORY. SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
The ShortList celebrates three films at the awards ceremony.
1. The Industry Prize winner will be selected by our distinguished jury and be awarded the following:
A week-long RED EPIC DRAGON 6K rental package from AbelCine that includes:
- RED Epic Dragon 6K Digital Cinema Camera Body
- Canon Cinema Zoom CN-E 30-105mm PL Mount T2.8
- REDMag SSD drives
- REDMag Station
- ARRI Follow Focus
- ARRI Mattebox
- Sachtler Video20 Fluid Head & Legs
- …and more!
2. The Audience Prize winner will go to the film with the most online votes.
3. Special Student Prize, to be announced.
All finalist films will stream on ShortListFilmFestival.com from August 8-22nd, 2017.
(Additional prizes are to be announced and all prizes are subject to change.)
The ShortList Film Festival 2016 was thrilled to award the following films:
CREATORS LEAGUE PRIZE
Jim Cummings’ “Thunder Road”
Writer-director Cummings plays a police officer who offers an emotional and unconventional eulogy at this mother’s funeral inspired by Bruce Springsteen.
David Hansen’s “Slingshot”
The film follows a 10-year-old boy named Frankie whose summer vacation at a run-down trailer park takes an unexpected romantic turn when he meets 10-year-old Tayla.
The winners received $5,000 prizes, along with introductory meetings and tours with key Hollywood companies.