In a veritable firework display of digital self portraits, hundreds of quaint, embarrassing and dreadfully disturbing selfies were arranged in a unique short film composition. Single photos, artistically reworked, consolidate to form a ghastly grin that outshines the abyss of human existence.
Claudius Gentinetta, a Swiss artist, has dedicated most of his life to producing animated films and abstract comics. In 1995, he obtained a scholarship to study graphic design and animation in Kraków, allowing him to gain experience with many impressions furthering his work. He is currently working on a promising new film project and living with his family in Zurich.
- San Francisco International Film Festival, Animated Short Award 2019
- Baden, Fantoche, High Swiss Risk Award 2018
- Baden, Fantoche, Swiss Youth Award 2018
- Badalona, Festival Internacional de Filmets de Badalona, Best Film Award 2018
- Moscow, Krok International Animated Film Festival, Jury Diploma 2018