A poor agricultural laborer leads a double life in the village’s last remaining cornfield.
Sandhya Suri is a Franco-British-Indian writer/director based in London. A graduate in pure mathematics, she received a scholarship to study documentary at The National Film and Television School. Her feature documentary I FOR INDIA premiered in the world competition section of the Sundance Film Festival, screened at over 20 international festivals and garnered several awards before being released theatrically to critical acclaim in the UK and the U.S. In 2016 she was selected for both the Sundance Screenwriters’ and Directors’ Lab with her first fiction feature SANTOSH. Sandhya has recently completed her fiction short THE FIELD, a Film London Canal+ co-production produced by Balthazar de Ganay and Thomas Bidegain, and her latest feature documentary AROUND INDIA WITH A MOVIE CAMERA has just been released theatrically by the BFI.
- Nominee: BAFTA Award for Best Short Film
- Nominee: BIFA Award for Best British Short Film
- Telluride Film Festival 2018 - Official Selection
- Toronto International Film Festival 2018 - WINNER IWC Best Short Film Award
- Hamptons International Film Festival 2018 - Official Selection
- Bristol Encounters 2018 - Official Selection
- BFI London Film Festival 2018 - Short Film Award Nominee
- Leeds International Film Festival 2018 - Special Mention Louis Le Prince Prize
- PÖFF Tallinn Black Nights 2018 - Official Selection
- Whistler Film Festival 2018 - Nominated Best Female-Directed Short
- Sundance Film Festival 2019 - Official Selection Short Film Program
- Prague Short Film Festival 2019 - Official Selection